- San Francisco Radio Club
- East Bay Amateur Radio Club
- Mount Diablo Amateur Radio Club
- Palo Alto Amateur Radio Association
- Amateur Radio High Altitude Ballooning
- Amateur Radio Pico-Ballooning
- Balloons: Weather Balloons, Radiosonde, Amateur Radio Balloons, Pico Balloons (MAB), HAB, etc.
Flight Prediction Software
- NOAA HYSPLIT – pico flight path ballooning
- CUSF Landing Predictor HAB flight path prediction
- Burst Calculator HAB payload weight/gas fill/flight profile planning
- Balloon Calculator – Derived from the CUSF calculator
- Windy – Wind and weather information. Free with enhanced subscription services.
- Camarillo Weather – Interactive global wind maps
- SPLAT – UKHAS Super Pressure Low Altitude Tests – Float1g spreadsheet
- ASTRA – University of Southampton predictor
Balloon Flight Tracking Software
Electronic Design Software
- ZachTek – WSPR GPS Beacon
- QRP Labs – WSPR & APRS Beacon
- Bill Brown, WB8ELK WSPR & APRS Beacon
- JLCPCB – Fast/Cheap PCB with Small Batch Assembly
- Aliexpress – Cheap Party Balloons
- Aliexpress – Polysilicon Solar Cells
- Scientific Balloon Solutions Expensive pico balloon that go higher than the Aliexpress
- Kaymont High Altitude Balloon Source
- Spot Trace Satellite Tracker
Balloon History and Technology
Notable Amateur Radio Ballooning Projects
- Hackers Space Launch System
- NASA – Standardized Coarse Azimuth Pointing System
- HAB GPS Guided Parachute – Don’t try this in the US without checking with the FAA, it may be considered a drone.
- Controllable Altitude Balloon – Amateur Radio Loon?